Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Midnight Melodies Cupcakes

I wanted to make a version of self filled cupcakes for a baptism tomorrow, but I didn't have any cocoa powder. I did have lots of chocolate chips, so I'm trying to make a new recipe as I go.

Yum! First bite passes my tests! 


MIDNIGHT MELODIES
1/4 cup each of coconut flour, brown rice flour, barley flour
1/2 cup (heaped) of almond meal
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
5 oz (1/2 bag) of enjoy life semi sweet mini chips
1 cup coconut milk, split
2 tsp vanilla
Chocolate chips (optional)

Filling:
8oz cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg

Mix dry ingredients together. Add 1/2 cup oil, 2 eggs. Melt chocolate chips with 1/2 cup milk, add to mix. Add vanilla, mix well. Keep adding the remaining milk until it reaches desired batter consistency.

Prepare filling by mixing soft cream cheese with sugar until combined, add egg and mix until smooth and glossy.



Spoon chocolate mixture into bottom of liners, spoon filling on top of that. Add chocolate chips onto the cupcake at the point if desired, then spoon more mix onto the tops. Bake at (I just realized my oven is at 340, not 350 or 325) 340°F for 18-20 minutes, or until center is no longer wobbly. If wobbly a bit, you will end up with a "molten center," which might be what you want anyway.

Enjoy!

Maybe with a bit of tea or coffee! Mine just came out of the oven and they are gooey choclatey goodness, with the cream cheese mixed in. Yum! My daughter is off of dairy, so I simply made 2 without the filling. 
So good!
Waiting for them to be done....


No comments:

Post a Comment