Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Failure, a Success, and a Smile

Toodling along today in a state of fitful creativity, I stumbled upon an idea. Recently I had come across this tutorial, and I figured I could probably make them. Brilliant, right? After all, in my journey to learn how to sew, I have had mostly successes. I also would love to be able to make baby shoes, kids shoes, women's shoes, boots, all those fun and fancy things. So in between my other tasks today I spent my time cutting and sewing pieces, following the tutorial step by step. Since the pattern pieces in the PDF file are miniscule, I had to draft my own. Maybe that's where I went wrong? Heh heh...

 Needless to say, mine are definitely not as cute as hers. I decided to scrap that project for awhile, since it obviously was not going in my favor. Someday I'll buy a pattern and get up the nerve to try again.
Munchkin keeping me from getting too saddened by my convoluted shoe....

In spite of the lumpiest shoe this side of the lumpy foot mountains, I did manage to have a successful day. Laundry washed, dried, and folded, delicious ground beef fried rice for supper from a recipe I dreamed up, the fluffiest bread ever from another recipe I dreamed one day, and some fresh, yummy blueberry muffins to end the day. Now, if only i had some chocolate! How was your day? 

Sledding is hard work and requires lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment