Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

breakfast for supper

  I love breakfast. Any time of the day I'd be perfectly happy eating egg bake or a cheesy strata, nice fluffy carb-y pancakes, eggs Benedict, omelets. Bacon is my friend. I am constantly changing how I make pancakes, trying to make them a little less processed and failing more often than not. But last time? They worked
 Golden brown and fluffy...with  lovely, nutty flavor.

Coconut pancakes


1/2c almond flour
1/4c flax meal
1/4c coconut flour
3/4c whole wheat flour
1tsp salt
1tbsp baking powder (heaping)
1 3/4c coconut milk
2 eggs, beaten
2tbsp oil or melted butter
1/4-1.2c water

Mix all dry ingredients together in one bowl, wet in another except the water. Then mix together, making the batter something like this:
Then add water to your desired consistency of batter. Mine looked like this:
Your griddle is ready on medium heat,so pour them on. I used a 1/3c measure, and let it spread a bit as I poured because mine was still quite thick.
I also negated any healthy factors there were by adding a cinnamon swirl...1/4c brown sugar, 1/4c melted butter, 1/2tbsp cinnamon. Mix together and drizzle from a ziploc bag corner, snipped with scissors. Cook until batter is thickening up, mine didn't really bubble. I flipped when the batter stopped looking so runny.
yummy craters.
Freeze leftovers and pop in the toaster for later. Makes 15-20 4-inch pancakes. Tastes delicious with maple cream cheese on it... Equal parts cream cheese and butter, soften until able to blend well. Add a tsp of vanilla and maple syrup to taste (1 tbsp-ish) and gulp it all down. Yum. Its like dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment