Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

How to Create a Home Studio

In order for pictures to turn out and look professional, you need good lighting. You can fudge the camera work as long as you have awesome light. Well, I am no photographer by any means, but I have light. And I need to take pictures of products, so I needed a better setup. Enter our top sheet from the set that wore out. RIP favorite sheets. *weep* Check out that light!

 We have a loft that is conveniently located right next to a window. This window happens to be north-facing, which I figured might be nice as we won't get direct sunlight streaming through, hopefully keeping the light nice and soft all the time. Down came the flag. Meh. It used to be behind a high, cherry desk and looked pretty cool, but it has been bugging me for awhile.
 Note my super safe step ladder. I don't recommend stools as they aren't super sturdy.
 I used tacks to hang the sheet on the wall, and voila.
 so you get an idea of the difference, these next two pictures are taken with the exact same camera settings.

 can you guess which is an accurate image as far as color goes? Now, if only I could be struck with some genius power that allowed me to take amazing pictures.
 Find these in my etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment