Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Repurposing "Buyer's Remorse"

Brush my teeth?
 I love how this dress turned out. It used to be a size medium dress from Target that never quite fit me as flatteringly in the home mirrors as the store ones. So the tags never came off. I decided the skirt of it would be perfect for a maxi dress bottom, spring, summer, and fall.
 Since the waist was already elasticized, I simply opened the casing and pulled it tighter, which created more draping and folding as the skirt falls, and cinched it in for a smaller waist. Or chest, as it is an empire waistline. I attached a front and back bodice piece on the fabric extras from the dress top that I had chopped off, and added a ribbon neckline, with casing.
 This is the original dress.
Bit of a change, eh?
OK, you can chew on your toothbrush for a bit. No toothpaste, don't want any on your dress! Now, to keep it or to sell it?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Karen, what a great idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hear you have some projects coming along. I'd love to see them sometime!

      Delete